Home | Log out

Monday, April 4, 2011

Baby Boy or Girl Hightower, Sibling to Sawyer, Dylan, Karley, and Bryanna

Monday, April 4, 2011
Savannah writes:
We are expecting our 3rd child together, 5th child overall. When it comes to names, we have very different naming styles and we are having a very hard time deciding on name for our baby.

Some things to know:

- I have a son from a previous marriage named Dylan Christopher (age 5). His name is very traditional and his name is steadily climbing in name ranks. He was adopted by his step-father (my husband) when he was a baby and he has the last name Hightower along with his siblings.

- My husband has a son from a previous marriage named Sawyer Anthony (age 6). My husband selected his name and he loves more unique names. Sawyer's name is a name you don't hear so often and it feels "fresh" when you do hear it.

- We have twin daughters together (age 2) named Karley Rae and Bryanna Morgan "Karley and Brynn." It was almost impossible to decide on Brynn's name. We selected Karley after my grandmother Caroline, but decided to make it a little more unique. Bryanna was decided on in the hospital after I saw it on the computer and just instantly loved it.

This time around with gender unknown, its even harder. We have a short list, but we don't seem to love anything so much.


BOYS:

Everett (Rhett)
Elias
Rowan (Rowe)
Camden


Girls:

Hanna
Teagan
Ryane
Delaney
Kailyn
Cassidy


Middle names will come from family:

Jeanne
Quinn
Oliver
George
Lillian
Catherine
Denise
Taylor

Thanks and by the way, my name is Savannah Marie and my husband is Nolan Anthony.

From your list of boy names, my favorite with the sibling names is Camden: it gives a new initial and a new sound, but is similar in style to the others. I like Camden Taylor Hightower.

From your list of girl names, I'm less sure. Dylan and Delaney are too similar to my ear, and Kailyn seems almost like a blend of Karley and Bryanna. Hanna seems too similar to Bryanna and Savannah, and Teagan is so much less feminine than the other two girls' names. I'm not sure how Ryane is pronounced (is it Ryan with an E to make it seem feminine, or is it ry-ANNE, or is it like Rain, or is it ry-ANE like to rhyme with cane?). So that leaves Cassidy, which I like for similar reasons as Camden: it introduces a new sound and a new initial. I like Cassidy Jeanne Hightower.

For boys I feel like Camden is such a good fit, I'm hardly motivated to search further: anything I think of seems not as good.

Archer
Beckett
Cade
Callum
Carson (too close to Karley?)
Carter (too close to Karley?)
Cason
Corbin
Cormac
Grady
Greyson
Lennox
Ruben


Possibilities for a girl:

Alivia
Avelyn (too close to Dylan?)
Berkeley
Cadence
Eleni
Emery
Everly
Juniper
Laney
Madigan
Marin
Paisley
Piper
Shelby