Home | Log out

Monday, April 4, 2011

Baby Boy or Girl Taylor, Sibling to Ethan Hugh and Audrey Josephine

Monday, April 4, 2011
Tamara writes:
My husband and I are expecting our 3rd and final child in just 3 weeks and we still don’t have a short list of names. I discovered your blog just a week ago and really like your suggestions.

Ethan has my grandfathers first name as his middle name and Audrey has my grandmothers middle name as her middle name. We will find a family name to fit whatever first name we come up with, but names like Maxwell, Campbell, Louisa, Laura, Rosina, Lindsay and Gordon are among the possibilities.

I really love the strength in our other children’s names and that they have meanings. I think they fit those two personalities really well. I should also mention that we are Australian’s and don’t want a name that screams of another place or one that is really popular. Ethan is in his late teens and when he was born the name was very uncommon here and now it polls in the top 3 boys names every year. Audrey is also not very commonly used here, not since the 50’s anyway. Ethan and Audrey also have no real possibility of a great nick name so they get Eth and Auds… which we really don’t like and so many of the names on our list don’t have nice shortened forms.

Our “girls” list currently reads like this:

Violet
Harriet
Scarlett
Eleanor
Louisa
Patience

Violet is the one for me, but my husband is not feeling it. He doesn’t like the fact that it ends in T and reminds him of the word violence. So many of the names we love end with a T… I think that has been a major factor in us not being able to settle on anything. We also really like the name Ivy but as we are IVF patents it seems a bit weird!

Our boys list currently reads like this:

Elliot
Maxwell
Oliver
Quinn
Nelson
Austen/Austin
Lawson
Liam
Edgar or Edwin
Aiden
Lloyd
Owen

I just don’t love any of them. Audrey was going to be Maxwell if she was a boy, but friends have recently used it in naming their son and we’ve gone off it a bit. My husband really likes Liam and Austin. I feel like Austin is a bit too soft or something… can’t quite put my finger on it.

HELP????