Home | Log out

Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm pregnant & scared to death at 44

Monday, September 29, 2008
Hi! My name is Robin, and I found out on Saturday that I'm pregnant! I'm scared to death! It was totally unexpected even though I was being dumb and playing Russian Roulette.

The prescription for my birth control pill had run out a few months ago. I called to make an appointment with my OB/gyn [obstetrician/gynecology]. She moved to Hawaii. So I found a new one but wasn't able to get in until June. I figured at my age and my history in difficulty with getting pregnant in the past, I just needed to be careful and I'd be fine. WRONG!

I don't know what I was thinking. I'm 44 after all, I should know better. I have two wonderful boys from a previous marriage. I've been seeing a wonderful man for nearly 3 years now. We both felt we were too old to have children. I dropped a bomb in the poor man's lap when I told him Saturday night.

This is the last thing either of us wanted, but we decided we would continue with the pregnancy. I think we will both slowly get use to the idea.

I'm scared to death with all I've read about what can go wrong. I'm looking forward to reading about all the good and positive with being pregnant at 45. I'm also looking forward to making some online friends to help each other through this exciting time in our lives.

4611~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I just want to add that my grandmother had her last baby at 44. And my aunt had her last baby at 43.


Granted, I'm 45 now but I feel that my eggs have been "pampered" more than my grandmother or aunt, who led harder lives than me (I'm kind of spoiled, I admit it!). Obviously, they didn't go to a fertility clinic 'cause there weren't any.

4612~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



Life Begins...
Miscarriage stories of loss, hope & help
http://born2luv.blogspot.com/

4,750 Stories of Pregnancy & Birth over 44y
Daily blog of hope & inspiration!
http://pregnancyover44y.blogspot.com/

You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's
Sharing articles, discussing options & suggestions
http://youcangetpregnant.blogspot.com/


Recent Keyword Searches: can i get pregnant at 44, natural pregnancy at age 46, stories of pregnancy over 44, pregnancy at 44, i am 45 and just found out im pregnant