Home | Log out

Monday, June 11, 2007

Moms that had children after 40 were very long-lived

Monday, June 11, 2007
Last year I read a study that said that moms that had any children after age 40 were on average, very long-lived. It made sense to me, because my grandmother had three of her kids over the age of 40 and lived till 97.

3191~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~

Other factors have to be taken into consideration, such as genetics, family history and lifestyle. Some women, like my grandmother, are able to conceive easily and naturally at 46. Why are we never told these figures?

3192~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~

I have an older friend who just had a baby. Mom is 48 years old, and just had bypass surgery last year to boot! She had no trouble conceiving and had only smaller adaptations she needed to make during her pregnancy.


She did go through some exams to provide the doctors with details of the baby so they could treat her accordingly throughout the pregnancy, and she did have to have a C-section because of the heart surgery last year. However, she and her husband now have an absolutely beautiful and perfect little baby boy!

3193~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~

Tell them you are going to chase your dream! I was age 42 with my first. She's a fantastic child! I just turned 45 and am newly pregnant. It's your life, live it your way!

3194~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~

Its really your choice. I'm 20. I love my mom and dad and feel they prepared me well, they are now 65 and 69. As the child of older parents, my fear is that I will lose them soon as being raised as an only child (despite having 4 older siblings ages 35-43) because my brothers and sisters were out of the house I am a lot closer to my parents and very very very attached to them

3195~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~


3,809 Stories of Pregnancy & Birth over 44y
All the stories, divided by age, 1st pregnancy & high FSH!

You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's
Sharing articles, discussing options & suggestions