Home | Log out

Monday, March 7, 2011

Baby Boy Chapman, Brother to Grey

Monday, March 7, 2011
Cassie writes:
I'm so excited to get your opinion because my husband and I cannot agree on anything. Our last name is Chapman, and our son's due date is April 2. However, my first son was born almost 4 weeks early so we're thinking it will be sometime in March. Our first son is Grey Toban. We love Grey's name and knew early on this was the only contender. Toban is my father-in-law's name, so this started the concept of using a family name for the middle name. So, the only thing we can agree on this time is that the new baby's middle name will be Thomas after my father, ________ Thomas Chapman.

Both my husband and I like less common names, as we do not want our child to be in a class with four other children with the same name. However, my husband loves older names, names that remind me of old men. He also loves "Branch", which I don't even think is a name.

Here are his favorites.

Branch
Jimmy
Edmond
Gordon

I like quite a few more names, as I keep trying to come up with something that we both love, but he's got his mind set that unless I go with one of the names above he's just going to be settling.

Liam, was my number one choice early on, but I've decided this is way to popular.
Haden, was actually a name Tim came up with, and we both liked, but it's kind of fizzeled.
Emerson, was the same situation as Haden
Julian (Tim and his family do not like.)
Max or Maxwell

After reading a few of your blogs I really like the names Henry and Corbin. Tim seems to be thinking about both of these, as it takes him a bit to decide whether he really likes a name.

I would be so grateful if you could help us pick out a wonderful name for our second son! I don't want this to be just a name we settle on when we both love our first son's name so much.

Some names similar to Branch:
Branson
Bridger
Chance
Cranson
Lance
Rence
Ranger
Ridge
Vance
Vince

Similar to Edmond:
Desmond
Edgar
Edison
Redford
Redmond

Similar to Gordon:
Corbin
Cord
Ford
Heaton
Holden
Hudson
Jordan
Lorden
Oren
Porter
Riordan
Soren
Walter
Warren

And a few more:
Clark
Franklin
Frederick
Hugo
Karl
Lawrence
Louis
Lyle
Wade
Winston


With Grey, I particularly like Wade, Louis, Redford, Clark, and Vance.