Home | Log out

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Baby Girl Landon, Sister to Callie Christine

Thursday, November 18, 2010
Nealy writes:
Help! We have six weeks to go and still do not have a name for our second daughter! She's due on December 26th, and I'm starting to panic. :) My favorites are the older classical names, yet so many of these have become so common. I also don't like the classic names of my generation (Amanda, Michelle, etc.) or anything that is too common.

Our first daughter is named Callie Christine, last name Landon. We both agreed and loved the name Callie - it's a classical name yet still fairly uncommon. We're considering the middle name Lucille because it is a family name, but are open to suggestions of this as well.

Here are some names that I like:
Ella (my husband thinks this is too common- what is your opinion?)
Evelyn (not crazy about Evie though)
Betsey (is this too 50's???)
Clara
Emma (too common)

And my husband's top:
Brielle (sounds too "made-up" to me...)
Clare

Any help would be greatly appreciated!


Name update! Nealy writes:
I would like to update you on the birth (and name choice) of our daughter from this post...Clara Lucille. Thanks so much to the help and advice of Swistle readers!