Home | Log out

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Baby Girl or Boy Brown

Sunday, August 22, 2010
Suzanne writes:
We were delighted to find out that we are expecting our 3rd child. What a great joy! And what a great pain in the rear for picking a name.

Due Date is September 10, 2010 and as with the other two, gender will be a surprise.


Our first two children are daughter Allison Louise and son Peter David. All of our previous “rules” still apply: http://swistlebabynames.blogspot.com/2008/06/baby-girl-brown.html - No colors, easy to spell & pronounce, 2+ syllables, no cross-gender names, and preferably has a nice nickname option.


Naming this baby is going to be a huge challenge. We only barely came up with Allison’s name in the delivery room. And Peter’s name was a given from the start so we never considered other boy names. What I’m saying is that we are short on ideas. I love the comments your readers gave previously and we are still strongly in favor of Megan and Caroline. I also really love the suggestion of Jenna. Laurel is great but we have a niece Lauren and it’s probably too similar. Someone else suggested Penelope and I really like that (Poppy) but I’m not sure hubby would agree.


We both prefer fairly traditional names and aren’t into trendy or popular. Peter was a perfect choice for us in this regard – easy to spell and pronounce, well known but not overused.


So we have a lot to consider for girls names and I think now we will still need help with a boy’s name since we never even really discussed it.


Boy names we’ve tossed around:

Andrew

Eric

Elliot (hubby doesn’t like it too much)

Henry

Jonathan (my father’s name – I love it but wonder if it’s too strange to name after a living grandfather)

Marshall

Nathan


Names that are off the table – Benjamin, Owen, Charles, Daniel, Michael, Kevin


We really need some new insight. We’ve been over the girl’s name a thousand times with the prior pregnancies and boys names are a complete mystery.


Thank you so much for your help!

I vote for Jonathan! It's great with Peter and Allison, and I like family names. I have personal experience with naming a child after one of the child's living grandparents and it has worked out GREAT. And perhaps a name from your husband's side of the family for the middle name.