Home | Log out

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Baby Boy Gross, Brother to Berkeley

Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Valerie writes:
Our baby boy is due in 2 weeks! My husband and I have been volleying names back and forth since the 20 week ultrasound and haven't come up with an agreed upon name. Here are some of the pertinent facts:

Our daughter's name is Berkeley Rose
Our new son's middle name and last name will be Alan Gross
Since our son's initials will end with "AG", we need to eliminate any name starting with F, and be cautious of other letters
We want something that is unique, but not un-pronounceable or easily misspelled.
We'd like it to match Berkeley, in a way that it is a name that people know, but not many kids are named.

Some of our contenders include:

Keaton - this is my husband's favorite, but I'm worried it will rise in popularity, especially with the -on ending
Dashiell - we both like it, but are worried about mispronunciation/spelling
Tegan - I like it, my husband doesn't
Milen - I like it, my husband doesn't
Milo - my husband hates it, but I love it.

The biggest issue for us, is that we can't come together on any names!! Please help us, if you can!! I'm desperate to get the name checked off my list. Thanks!

I like Keaton with Berkeley. It's hard to predict what a name will do, but a good sign is that it appeared on the Top 1000 three years after Family Ties started airing, but it's spent the last thirteen years hovering in the 300s and not climbing any higher (source: Social Security Administration).

More possibilities (I'm avoiding GAG, HAG, NAG, RAG, and VAG as well as FAG---and I'm not sure about BAG, LAG, SAG, and WAG):

Barnaby Alan Gross (BAG)
Cabot Alan Gross (CAG)
Caspian Alan Gross (CAG)
Crockett Alan Gross (CAG)
Darwin Alan Gross (DAG)
Deacon Alan Gross (DAG)
Everest Alan Gross (EAG)
Langston Alan Gross (LAG)
Lennox Alan Gross (LAG)
Maguire Alan Gross (MAG)
Orion Alan Gross (OAG)
Sullivan Alan Gross (SAG)
Truman Alan Gross (TAG)
Walker Alan Gross (WAG)
Warner Alan Gross (WAG)