
EXCLUSIVE SUPERMUM LOOKS BACK IN TIME AT THE DRAMATIC CHANGES IN CHILD BIRTH
The living room floor is forever scattered with toys, the washing machine on a never-ending spin cycle and continuous cartoons blare from the telly in the background.
After nearly 30 years of motherhood, Katherine Hales is STILL knee-deep in nappies and mopping runny noses.
Katherine, 47, has given birth in every decade since the '70s - and loves it so much she even works part-time as a midwife.
The mum of a magnificent seven - Lindsay, 30, Christopher, 26, Stephen, 24, Jonathan, 23, Ralph, nine, Imogen, six and Hamish, three - told The People:
"I just love kids.
"But for all the benefits of modern technology and medical practices, I think they had it right in the '70s and '80s.
"After my first child, I spent ages with a midwife. She showed me how to breast-feed and bath my child. At night in those days, babies were taken to a nursery to give new mothers a chance to sleep.
"These days, mums are sent home after giving birth with no instruction whatsoever."
Full article: http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_headline=40-years-of-nappies&method=full&objectid=20321858&siteid=93463-name_page.html
Also:
I've had a child every decade since the 70s and, boy, have things changed
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=511417&in_page_id=1879