Home | Log out

Monday, February 28, 2011

Baby W., Sibling to Grady

Monday, February 28, 2011
S. writes:
I am due with our second child, gender unknown, on March 14th. Our son is Grady, and our last name is one syllable beginning with W. If this baby is a girl, we have a whole list of names I would be totally happy to use (Teagan and Rowen are top choices), but the boy name list is woefully...meh. I would prefer to use an Irish/Gaelic name, but that's not a hard rule. I don't generally like common names in the first name spot. Right now, our list of boys names include Keane, Breckin, Seamus, Dewey. We have also considered Tiernan and the various Finn names. I would probably use Keane, but I'm concerned with two single syllable names. That's my main concern, will it be too choppy? I don't remember any posts about single syllable names. Any name suggestions would be very helpful.

Some 1/1-syllable names work great: previous commenters have mentioned examples such as Brad Pitt and Sean Penn. Keane W___ works, I think, as does Finn W____. I think I would use Keane Breckin W____, or Finn Seamus W____. In fact, I'm reluctant to look for more names, because I think both of those are so great!