Home | Log out

Monday, February 14, 2011

Baby Girl, Sister to Grace, Nora, and Asher

Monday, February 14, 2011
Katie writes:
We are expecting baby #4 on St. Patrick's Day, the date is pretty set unless baby decides to come earlier which is unlikely. Baby #4 is a girl and she'll be joining Grace Kathryn Mae (6), Nora Elizabeth (4) and Asher Jack (2). We are looking for an Irish/Gaelic name, my husband's family has Irish roots, we both went to the University of Notre Dame and of course the obvious is that the baby is going to be born on St. Patty's Day. Our last name rhymes with Ramble but starts with a "c".
I'm not thinking that Patricia is a good name choice but it is often suggested to us. If the baby were not born on St. Patrick's Day her name very well would have been Audrey Jayne. I love how Grace, Nora and Audrey sound together but Audrey is not Irish. I've been attracted to names that have an "a" and an "r" in them but this has proven to be challenging to find in the Irish name category. Names that we've been tossing around...
Quinn - I love, my husband grimaces. How terrible is it that my children's one and only cousin's name rhymes with Quinn, his name is Flynn?
Keira - I like, again my husband isn't sure
My husband just likes Audrey and must be banking on me going into labor before my c-section which has never happened.
Thank you for thinking this through for me!

I have such a perfect name for you, I don't even want to tell you, for fear you won't think it's as perfect as I do. It's a name I like even WITHOUT any Irish or St. Patrick's Day connection, but if I had a reason to use it like you do, I would use it as the middle name IN A FLASH: Clover. CLOVER. It is gorgeous. I love it. USE IT. I suppose it is not an Irish name, but it sounds like you guys don't really LIKE Irish names and want more like a HOLIDAY name tied to St. Patrick's Day.

And then you can use Audrey, your husband's favorite that you love with the sibling names, as the first name. Audrey Clover _amble.