Home | Log out

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Baby Girl, Sister to Eleanore and Griffin

Saturday, February 12, 2011
Caroline writes:
We have a baby girl due mid march 2011 and we are really struggling with names. Older siblings are Eleanore Quincy (3)(goes by Ellie) and Griffin William (1). Eden and Evaline (Evie) are top choices right now. I also love Vienna, but we have a distant friend with a daughter by this name and since it's so unusual I'd feel like I was copying. We'd like to stay with something unusual as our last name is fairly common. Other possible considerations have been Avery, Amelia, Mildred (Millie)...but nothing is really convincing me I have to have it! Thanks for your help! My husband loves names with nicknames...

If you're trying to avoid common, Avery (#32 in 2009 and rising) and Amelia (#55 in 2009 and rising) might be out.

If you like Mildred, I wonder if you'd like Matilda (Tilly) or Millicent (Millie) or Camilla (Cami, Millie) or Romilly (Romy, Milly) or Minerva (Minnie)?

If you like Evaline, I wonder if you'd like Emeline (Emmie---maybe too much with Ellie) or Genevieve (Evie) or Edith (Edie) or Geneva (Genna, Evie).

If you like Vienna and Eden, I wonder if you'd like Virginia (Ginny), Verona, Geneva (Genna, Evie) again, Sienna, Fiona, Gianna, Liana, Zinnia, Azalea, Gemma, Karenna, Verity.


Other possibilities:

Agnes (Aggie)
Agatha (Aggie)
Alice
Beatrix (Bee)
Esther
Florence (Florrie)
Frances (Frannie)
Georgia (Georgie)
Gretchen
Harriet (Hattie)
Lucille (Lucy)
Marian
Olive
Pearl
Silvia (Silvie)
Willemina (Willa, Mina)