Home | Log out

Monday, February 7, 2011

Baby Boy or Girl Hill, Sibling to Brody

Monday, February 7, 2011
Chelsea writes:
Our baby will be here in 4 weeks or less and we have a short list of boy and girl names. DH won't commit to anything. Everything on our list we both agree on but nothing is sticking out to us as "the one"

Our son's name is Brody. My DH picked this name from our final short list: Levi, Eli, Sam and Brody. His full name is Brody Charles. MN after my DH and his great grandpa. He was named a few days after his birth.

We don't want to have a theme and I feel we like many names anyway. We do not want a name that is a word because it sounds like a location with our last name "Hill" eg/ Violet Hill, Hunter Hill, Olive Hill.....

I want the baby's mn to have a family connection. If it's a boy I like the idea to use Arlo or Joseph as a mn. Arlo is the italian version of Charles (we are not italian) and Joseph is the other great grandpa's name. Michael is another option.

If it's a girl the mn will be Elizabeth or a form of it. I also like Josephine b/c it is a fem. version of Joseph. Olivia May, Isabel or Maisie are all family names we could use too.

I am open to any ideas that's why I am emailing you. But I mostly just value your advice.


Here is the list in no particular order.

Our little Hero:
Eli
Leo
Arlo
Luca
Levi
Hendricks (DH loves. I'm ok w/ Arlo Hendricks or Luca Hendricks only!)

Our little Honey:
Eva
Matilda
Isla (was my number 1 but I have met 2 while I've been preggers)
Lola (cute for a child) Longer name option w/ the nn Lola?
Audrey (I find this difficult to say w/ Brody)
Maisie
Ivy
Freya
Molly

Names we are fond of but can't use: Louie, Sophia, Ruby, Jack, Finlay, Ellie, Owen, Toby, Henry, Hayden, Ella, Rhys


Thanks for your help!



Name update! Chelsea writes:
Just wanted to thank Swistle's readers for their suggestions and help. Swistle I was so disappointed you lacked input.

Our little girl Freya Elizabeth Hill was born Feb. 25, 2011 @ 0620.
She is very sweet and adored by her big brother Brody.