Home | Log out

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Baby Boy, Brother to Trent Michael

Saturday, November 6, 2010
Erin writes:
I am currently pregnant with my second son, due December 24th, 2010. Our first son's name is Trent Michael. Michael is a family name, and for our second we also want to use a family name, which is Nikolas. We are also open to using the name Petr as the middle name, if it goes better with the first name.
I would like to name our son Silas, whereas my husband likes Dexter. We like names that are not common, but also not out-there, made up, or hippy-dippy in any way. Trent, we feel is a solid, respectable sounding, serious name and we'd like something similar for our second.
Personally, I like to put "Judge" in front of the name to see if it sounds good...
I cannot, in good conscience, strong-arm my husband into the name I like, but I also need to love the name, since I adore the name Trent.
Any suggestions that would bridge the gap?

Bryce
Clark
Curtis
Dean
Declan
Derek
Everett
Reid
Scott
Simon


Name update! Erin writes:
Thanks to you and all your readers for some really great suggestions! I am all set if we end up with boy #3! As it turns out, the husband and I came to an agreement. He let me have the first name if he could have the second, so it will be Silas Andrew (his fathers name). We briefly flirted with Baxter, but we had been calling him Silas for so long, that it had just stuck.

Thanks!