My husband and I are expecting a baby boy (our first baby!) on August 15th and would love some help picking out a name.
In the Jewish tradition we would like to honor the grandparents we've lost by using their first initials for the baby's name. We'd like to honor both his side and my side. The letters we have to work with from my side of the family is: J or M. And the letters from my husbands side are: E or A. Our last name is Greenfield and is pretty easy to match.
So far we haven't been able to get beyond two front runners names: Evan and Max. But I'm a little worried about how popular they are or are becoming and I'm having trouble matching middle names. I also don't love the formal names for Max (my husband like Maxwell, but I'm not a huge fan). We considered using both names together, but are afraid of having another boy the second time around and using up both names we like in one fell swoop! It may be worth noting that I really like the name Alex/Alexander also, but my husband vetoed this since we have a close friend named Alex. The girl names I would considered are Livia and Sasha.
The few names I've brainstormed are:
Max Cooper(Cooper is a family name on my husband's side, so we wouldn't need the E/A).
Max Evan (or Maxwell Evan)
Evan Merek (or Merik?)
Jack Ethan
We would love your input/suggestions!!!
Ooo, you have good letters to work with! Let's see...A, E, J, or M.
A Name Suggestions:
Aaron Greenfield
Adam Greenfield
Alec Greenfield
Anderson Greenfield
E Name Suggestions:
Edmund Greenfield
Elias Greenfield
Elliot Greenfield
Emmett Greenfield
Everett Greenfield
J Name Suggestions:
James Greenfield
Jared Greenfield
Jeremy Greenfield
Joel Greenfield
Jon Greenfield
M Name Suggestions:
Malcolm Greenfield
Micah Greenfield
Miles Greenfield
Milo Greenfield
Some possible both-sides-of-family pairings:
Elliot Michael Greenfield
Everett Max Greenfield
Jon Alexander Greenfield
Malcolm Cooper Greenfield
Milo Anderson Greenfield
But my top favorite is your choice of Evan Merek. Or maybe Evan Merrit? I also like Evan Cooper Greenfield, Evan Malcolm Greenfield, and Evan Miller Greenfield.