We're having a girl, due March 29, though we're anxious to pin down a name soon. My husband and I seem to agree on our top three first names, though, not in the same order. And we're having trouble with the first name/middle name combinations. Our three first names that are in the running right now are Rose, Scarlett and Evelyn.
We love Rose as a first name, but are having a really hard time finding a middle name that sounds good with it. And I'm worried that she'll constantly hear "oh, Rose is my [sister's, friend's, etc]. middle name" because Rose is so popular these days as a middle name. Which, brings up another issue. Rose is traditionally used as a middle name in my husband's family and so we like that as a middle name possibility, too, but I'm not that thrilled with her having the same middle name as most of the girls her age.
We also love the name Scarlett, and Scarlett Rose Livingston is one of my top choices right now, except the middle name issue. I also wonder if the name Scarlett will become too popular in the next few years? I also love Evelyn Rose Livingston, though I wonder about the repetition of the L and N sounds in Evelyn Livingston.
So I guess what I'd like to know is, do you have suggestions for good middle names for Rose, Scarlett and Evelyn? And any thoughts/suggestion about using these names or the combinations I've listed above.
Thanks so much for any feedback!
I love Evelyn Rose Livingston, and to me the repeating L/N sounds are a pleasing tie-in.
I too love Rose as a first name. And I agree: it's very hard to find a middle name for it. Some possibilities:
Rose Alice Livingston
Rose Cordelia Livingston
Rose Eliza Livingston
Rose Elizabeth Livingston
Rose Ella Livingston
Rose Ellen Livingston
Rose Esther Livingston
Rose Frances Livingston
Rose Helena Livingston
Rose Louise Livingston
Rose Margaret Livingston
Rose Marilena Livingston
Rose Marie Livingston
Rose Mary Livingston
Rose Melina Livingston
Rose Minerva Livingston
Rose Noelle Livingston
Rose Priscilla Livingston
Rose Victoria Livingston
Rose Virginia Livingston
I think my favorites are Rose Alice, Rose Eliza, Rose Frances, and Rose Noelle.
I don't think I would pair Scarlett with Rose, since it emphasizes the wordness of both names: suddenly it's an adjective and a noun instead of a first name and a middle name. Some possibilities to consider:
Scarlett Adele Livingston
Scarlett Anne Livingston
Scarlett Cecile Livingston
Scarlett Claire Livingston
Scarlett Elise Livingston
Scarlett Faye Livingston
Scarlett Ida Livingston
Scarlett Jane Livingston
Scarlett Jo Livingston
Scarlett Kate Livingston
Scarlett Kay Livingston
Scarlett Leigh Livingston
Scarlett Louise Livingston
Scarlett Lucy Livingston
Scarlett Mae Livingston
Scarlett Mia Livingston
Scarlett Rae Livingston
Scarlett Ruth Livingston
Scarlett Sue Livingston
You know, I'm finding Scarlett just as challenging as Rose. Anyone who knows a Scarlett or a Rose, what's her middle name? And can you think of more suggestions? And what do you think of Evelyn Rose?
Name update 04-06-2010! J. writes:
Thanks so much for your post! Rose Amelia Livingston was born on March 20, 2010. Her dad and I are both super happy with her name. I think we knew she was Rose all along. :)