Dr Xiao-Ping Zhai has helped hundreds of infertile women get pregnant, using acupuncture, herbs and boiled twigsWhen, in the mid-1990s, Dr Xiao-Ping Zhai began using traditional Chinese medicine to treat infertility, her Harley Street practice was confined to a couple of rooms, each no bigger than a stationery cupboard. Patients would climb the four flights of stairs to sit on a hard chair in the tiny hallway outside her room, like lost and frightened children waiting to see the headmistress.
"I've seen so many women," she says smiling, "I know what I do works."
That is putting it mildly. Her practice has more than doubled in size in the past five years. She sees between 50 and 80 women a week, some of whom fly in from other countries. She now has two clinical assistants and a PA; the rooms are five times bigger and there are more of them.
The Zhai Clinic, 020 7486 8438; zhaiclinic.com
Read more...
Life Begins... - Miscarriage stories of loss, hope & help
Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope & inspiration!
Stories of Pregnancy over 44 years old - sharing stories I find online, for inspiration!
Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope & inspiration!
Stories of Pregnancy over 44 years old - sharing stories I find online, for inspiration!
Recent Keyword Searches: can i still have a baby at 42, does dhea improve ovarian reserve, can you get pregnant with low quality eggs, can i still conceive at 44, what is the likely hood of a man and woman in their 40;s getting pregnant