Home | Log out

Friday, February 6, 2009

After 43 years of trying, Calgary woman finally a mom - twice over - at 60

Friday, February 6, 2009
Calgary Foothills hospital where the twins were bornCALGARY -- After more than 40 years of trying to get pregnant, a Calgary woman has given birth to twins at the age of 60.

Alberta Health Services officials confirmed Ranjit Hayer gave birth on Tuesday - making her one of the oldest women to deliver a baby in Canada - and that mother and children are in good condition.

"I always said there should be a baby," Hayer was quoted by CBC Radio yesterday.

"I had my heart set on it, I wanted a baby."

After 43 years of trying to get pregnant with her husband, which included surgery and three miscarriages, Hayer reportedly underwent in vitro fertilization last year in India using a donor egg before returning to Canada.


Life Begins...
Miscarriage stories of loss, hope & help
http://born2luv.blogspot.com/

4,800 Stories of Pregnancy & Birth over 44y
Daily blog of hope & inspiration!
http://pregnancyover44y.blogspot.com/

You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's
Sharing articles, discussing options & suggestions
http://youcangetpregnant.blogspot.com/