Home | Log out

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Baby Boy or Girl Lin

Tuesday, May 24, 2011
A. writes:
My husband and I have been talking about baby names the entire pregnancy and have only been able to narrow down to a few for each gender. I'm just so unsure! People say we will just know when the baby is born what the name should be, but I think all babies look alike--smooshed and wrinkly. :)

I like fairly uncommon names. Our last name is Lin; therefore, I think the first name needs to be more than one syllable to avoid sounding like the first and last name run together to make one name. (If it can't be shortened to a one-syallable nickname--even better!) I also don't like the first name to end in -on, -en, -in, or -yn. The -in -in sound with our last name bothers me. What do you think?

We've narrowed it to:

Boys:

Dexter (I worry about the television show; we don't watch it, but I think it's popular? Also, the Dex commercials. "Dex knows best!" I don't want people to think of a phone book when they think of our child.)

Paxton (My husband's pick. I don't like the -on sound though. Also, I think Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's child is Pax. Especially because our child will be half-Asian, I don't want to seem as if we're trying to be like celebrities.)

Beckett (I like it, but am worried about its increasing popularity.)

Girls:

Eisley (I like this name a lot, but worry people will mispronounce it a lot. Eyes-ly.)

Gemma (Will people confuse with Jenna? I kind of dislike the name Jenna!)

Ruby (I love this, but my husband thinks its an old lady name.)


Favorites from these? The middle boy name will either be Harrison or Jeffry (depending on the first name). And, the girl middle name will be Lorraine after my mother and grandmother.

Any other suggestions for names? I don't think we feel so confident about any of these names that we still wouldn't choose a different name at this point!

Thank you so much!